Thursday, June 18, 2009

My first impressions and feelings about the departure.

 I don't plan on making things short in this blog space, because I have unlimited space to work with, just like any canvas or parchment for paint, ink or graphite. My expectations for the trip were to capture views of Spain, and maybe the more abstract essences of the country, things that are merely provocative, and exist in the space. Other than that, I am living with 15 unfamiliar peers, people I normally would not situate myself with, based on my preferences and tastes. I don't know how fond of the others I will become, but I don't doubt that there will be some eccentricities within the minds of my peers. For the time preceding the trip, I forged my body to a higher quality in an effort to brace myself for the shift in my lifestyle when I arrived in Spain. I knew I would not be eating my regular foods, and forced to litter my temple with the local delicacies; not that it would destroy what I have achieved, but It is a downgrade nonetheless. The plane flight was the beginning of this lifestyle shift, it felt as if I was experiencing drug withdrawal, those 7 hours were a shift in my body's balance. 


This is me before the flight...



 after the flight...

3 comments: